Black Chana (chickpea) masala recipe is an Indian recipe made from chickpea (chana) which is super healthy, high in protein, and delicious in taste.
This recipe is a must-try for health lovers.
|Black chickpeas 1 cup soaked overnight|
|Mustard oil 2 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon|
|Garlic 10-12 cloves|
|Whole Red chiles 2-3|
|Salt To Taste|
|Turmeric 1/4th Teaspoon|
|Onion 1 Medium chopped|
|Green chilies 2 Chopped|
- Take the overnight soaked chickpeas and washed them with fresh water.
- Now heat a thick bottom pan and pour mustard* oil in it and heat it on high flame till the oil smokes and turn off the heat to cool it down a little bit. Then turn on the flame.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crackle and then add chickpeas into it and give them a quick stir.
- Till the time chickpeas are roasting into oil prepare a paste of garlic and whole red chillies .
- Add the prepared paste into chickpeas and add salt and turmeric. Then stir them well and let the turmeric raw smell goes .
- Then add a glass of water and cover the pan with lid and let them cook on low to medium heat.
- After the chickpeas are cooked add chopped onions, fresh coriander, green chiles chopped and some lemon juice and mix them up
- Serves it as a anytime snacks or breakfast.
Quickknows pro tips **
- You can use any other oil instead of mustard oil but it best tasted in mustard oil
- Soaking chickpeas overnight is Important otherwise it wont cook properly
- If you forgot to soak chickpeas then take soaked them into warm water for 2-3 hours atleast
- Don’t use red chilli powder in this recipe it will spoil the taste and color of the recipe.
- Use heavy bottom pan or vessel only otherwise the dish will get burn
- Instead of grinding fine paste of chilli and garlic grind coarsely or crush it into the crusher
- If you want your dish to last long then don’t add onions into it . actually onions releases water and that reduces the self life of the dish.
Why Black chickpeas?
- Black chana is one the the best protein sources for vegetarians and vegans it . it has many health benefits
- Best time to consume chickpeas is morning because they takes time to digest.
- Have a handful of overnight soaked black chickpeas in the morning daily to get the most out of them.
Note: Don’t eat it too much because it is super tasty and might bloat your stomach.